Monday, 13 January 2014

DIY: Revamp Knitted Cardigan. Part 1

Hello, it's another DIY.  


I've had this cardigan for a couple of years now, but I haven't worn it much in the past year. I loved wearing it under a leather jacket or any jacket, when the weather was a bit cool and it would seem like I was just wearing a roll-neck knitted sweater.

I've been looking for ways to pep-up this cardigan, but didn't find any that I would like until I was inspired by @knittedbliss.com  She did a tutorial about Upcycled Cardi Challenge on her blog. 

Here is the cardigan that I'm Revamping.


It does look like it needs a revamp. Doesn't it? It has a zipper front and pockets on each side.


I knitted a gauge swatch (k1, p1) and got 4 stitches per inch, the needles I'm using is 6mm and the wool is left over from a beanie I've knitted.



Already giving it a different look.

I started with the sleeves and like how it turn out. Yes, the embroidery does take long to do. So Now it's on to the rest of the cardigan.  Can't wait to see what it's going to look like when it's done and I can wear it again. :-)

So excited! ;-)