Wednesday, 11 December 2013

DIY: Envelopes




It's that time of the year again. Christmas time! I decided to make my own and envelopes. Having a budget to stick to and half of the things I needed I had already, so it was very low cost and doing this project was fun and amazing, I had glitter all over the place and fingers sticking together.

Envelopes are a great embellishment. You can add extra photos or other small things to your envelope.  I just kept it simple. Here's how to make your own envelope.

What you would need for making the envelopes.
patter paper, glue, ruler, scissors, brush, pencil

old envelope
You going to take the old envelope and open and gently tear the flaps apart as seen by the above photo. Then you going to place it on the sheet of paper that you want to use as the envelope and trace the outline of the envelope on the paper.


The outline is not that visible but you can see a bit, I hope.  Then start cutting out your envelope.




Then you going to use the ruler to fold the paper. I used the ruler because I then know that the folds are straight.


Once that's done it should look like this.


Now it's time to glue the sides together.




there you have your envelope.



Here are the envelopes I made, now it's time to get creative.

Not sure if I liked it in the top corner or the bottom

I choose the top corner and added some glue and glitter.

Easy to make and fun too.

Enjoy.