Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Coconut Macaroons


Here is something nice and no baking required.

I was never a sweet tooth, but I used to eat a Walnut chocolate once a month. There that I stopped eating dairy products, I'm always looking for new recipes to try out. So when I stumbled across this recipe 7 or 8 months ago, I had to try it out. Oh Snap! it was good. Not too sweet, just how I like it. 

I made this for a friend, and took it over, but I ended up eating most of it.  Okay! I don't eat all of this by myself, just don't leave me alone with your fridge, especially if there's food in there that I can eat. 

What you going to need:


Starting from left to right: Stevia, Sea Salt, Cacao, Maple Syrup, vanilla and most important unsweetened coconut [grated]. 


Mixing bowl, measuring cups and measuring spoons.

Mixing all ingredients

To get the round-like form, I used the measure spoon and pressed the mixture down with another spoon and then scoop it out of the first spoon.
Recipe

Ingredients:

2 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract *
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. of powdered stevia
1/2 cup maple syrup *

* I used 1/8 tsp. vanilla and I also used 1/2 tsp of vanilla sugar there that I ran out of vanilla extract.
   Raw coconut nectar can also be used if you don't want to use maple syrup.

Directions:


  • Mix all the dry ingredients first in a large mixing bowl, then add the maple syrup or coconut nectar last.


  • Use two spoons, one to scoop out small mounds and the other to scrape the mixture off the first spoon and then onto a plate. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours, and then store them in the fridge.


It's a quick and easy recipe.

If you like coconut like I do then try this out, if not I'm sure there is someone you know that does.

Enjoy!